The issue of migration and its sequences have been debated as one of the important social and demographical issues. Due to rapid economic and social changes in recent decade, natural geographical and demographical characteristics of the West Azarbayjan province, have been in constant change. Regard to importance of understanding migration characteristics in different provinces, we aim to analyze the trend of migration currents in West Azarbayjan province from 1355 to 1390.
Methodology of this research is Secondary analysis and we used the 1355 to 1390 census data. The statistical group consists of those entered or exited the West Azerbaijan province in 1355 to 1390. In 1355 census, the West Azerbaijan province was an out- immigrant and net- immigration of -3936, and in 1365 and 1375 census was an immigration and net-immigration rate is +3297 and +1497 respectively. Based on 1385 and 1389 census, the net immigration was -26509 and -13881, so the province once again became a out -immigrants. Tehran, East Azerbaijan and Kurdistan had an important effect on the immigration currents of this province whereas together they absorbed more than 50% of these immigrants.
26. 26-Ashby, N. J. (2007). ‘economic freedon and migration flow between U.S. States’ , southern economic journal, 73 (3)
27. 27-Bang, J. T. and M. mitra, (2011). ‘brain drain and institutions of govermane: educational attainment of immigrants to the US1988-1998’, economic systems, 35(3).
28. 28-Entezarkher, M. (2005). ‘ Why is iran experiencing Migration and brain drain to Canada?’, gospodarskateza, university of waterloo.
29. 29-Ghafari, R. and Torki Harchegani, M. (2010). Analysis of effective factors of migration of rural youth to urban arareas (case study: sadiq abad from saman distrect in charmahal bakhtiari province ). Housing and rural environment, 132: 91-102 (in persian)
30. 30-Holzar, H(2009), The migration and social development, UK, Ld, Oxford
31. 31-Shams –al-dini, A. and Gorjian, P.(2010). Effective factors on migration of villagers to urban arareas, with emphasis on migration network (case study: Rostam no village). Geogaphical perspective, 5(11): 75-92. (in persian)
32. 32-Ziari, K. (2008), the operation khoy city in space development in west azarbayajan province, geography reaserch, no63, Tehran university, pp 15-35